The Law Offices of Oscar Syger is a hurricane insurance claims law firm in Pembroke Pines, Florida that can help you and your family with your denied or delayed hurricane claim. There have been reports in Florida of homeowners facing challenges when making hurricane claims. In fact, some homeowners have found themselves in “insurance claim” limbo even more than a year after they have sustained hurricane damage to their homes. If your claim has been denied, and you are trying to appeal the denial, or if you disagree with your insurer about the settlement amount being offered for your hurricane insurance claim, you are not alone. Many Floridians struggle to settle their insurance claims after a hurricane. If your home was recently damaged in a hurricane and your claim was denied, or if you don’t agree with the settlement amount your insurance company is offering, the Law Offices of Oscar Syger, hurricane insurance claims lawyers in Pembroke Pines, Florida may be able to help you. Our hurricane insurance claims lawyers can review your insurance policy, review the damage your home sustained, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
Why Was My Hurricane Insurance Claim Denied in Pembroke Pines, Florida?
Hurricane claims are denied for a variety of reasons. If your hurricane insurance claim has been denied, the first thing you might want to do is re-read your policy. Here are some of the leading reasons why hurricane claims might get denied:
- You don’t have flood insurance coverage. Standard homeowner’s insurance coverage does not include coverage for flood damage. Homeowners must purchase flood damage coverage separately. If your home was damaged due to flood water and you didn’t have this coverage, your insurance policy may not be able to cover your damages. However, sometimes insurers might wrongly claim that your home was damaged due to floods, when really it was damaged due to wind or due to another factor. If you dispute the causes of the damage, you may want to speak to the Law Offices of Oscar Syger, a hurricane insurance claims law firm in Pembroke Pines, Florida today.
- After a hurricane hits, homeowners have a responsibility to take steps to secure their property. This might mean putting a tarp over your roof or covering your windows with plywood. If you fail to take these steps and your home sustains further damage, your homeowner’s insurance policy may not cover the additional damage.
- If the value of your damages is not higher than the deductible, then you may not be able to see money from your claim. Look at your policy, learn about what the deductibles are, and then review the cost of your losses.
- Delayed Filing. Homeowners are required to file claims as soon as possible after they discover damage. If you delayed in filing your claim, your homeowner’s insurance company could claim that you missed the filing deadline.
- Missed Premiums. If you didn’t pay premiums, your claim could be denied. If you did pay premiums and your insurance company is claiming you didn’t pay, you may be able to submit proof of payment and dispute the denied claim.
- Disagreement About Value of Damages. Insurance companies sometimes use special formulas to estimate the value of your damages. If you aren’t relying on actual receipts for repairs, or if your insurance company doesn’t agree on the amount your contractor is quoting, you may need to further negotiate with your insurance company. The hurricane insurance claims lawyers at the Law Offices of Oscar Syger in Pembroke Pines, Florida may be able to help you.
These are just some of the reasons why hurricane insurance claims might get denied. If your claim has been denied or if you do not agree on the settlement you are being offered, consider speaking to the Law Offices of Oscar Syger today. Our Pembroke Pines, Florida hurricane insurance claims lawyers may be able to help you.
Help with Your Insurance Claim in Pembroke Pines, Florida
The aftermath of a hurricane can be a stressful time for you and your family. You might be struggling to make repairs on your home and may be stressed out if your homeowner’s insurance company is delaying in paying your homeowner’s insurance claim following a hurricane. The Law Offices of Oscar Syger is a hurricane insurance claim law firm in Pembroke Pines, Florida that may be able to help you and your family. Do you have questions about your rights? Need help reading or interpreting your homeowner’s policy? You are not alone. The hurricane insurance claim lawyers at the Law Offices of Oscar Syger are here for you in Pembroke Pines, Florida. Contact us today to learn more about your options and rights under the law.