According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, there were 32,247 car crashes in 2017 alone. Car accidents cost Americans millions and millions of dollars every year. In Florida alone, crash-related deaths cost Floridians an estimated $3.16 billion in lost wages and medical costs according to the Centers for Disease Control. These crashes can leave families and victims facing immense losses in addition to the financial pressure of medical bills and lost wages. Victims might suffer from serious and life-altering injuries like traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, internal injuries, back injuries, whiplash, and post-traumatic stress disorder, among other kinds of injuries that can alter their lives forever. Individuals might not be able to perform life activities they formerly performed and they may not be able to return to work. In some cases, victims die in car crashes, leaving families devastated and shattered.
In the aftermath of a serious car accident, you and your family may have many questions. You may wonder how you’ll pay your medical expenses. You may wonder how you’ll move forward. If you have been in a car accident where the other driver was at fault for your injuries, you may be entitled to seek damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation costs, and pain and suffering. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim with your insurance company or with the driver responsible for your accident. If you have questions about your insurance claim after your car accident or about how you may be able to seek a recovery for your losses, the car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Oscar Syger in Boca Raton may be able to help you. Contact our firm today to learn more about your options and rights under the law.
Causes of Car Accidents in Florida
If you’ve been in a car accident, one of the most important aspects that will determine the value of your claim is the responsibility of the other party for your crash. In Florida, the amount of money you may be able to collect for your accident is often dependent on the percentage of fault of the other party. What are some causes of car accidents in Florida, and was the other driver responsible for your wreck?
- Exceeding the speed limit can increase the risk of being in a car accident and it can also increase the seriousness of your car accident. When other drivers exceed the speed limit, they can put everyone around them at risk. If you believe another driver’s speeding resulted in your crash, reach out to the accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Oscar Syger in Boca Raton, Florida today.
- Distracted Driving. Every year, thousands of people die due to distracted driving. In the time it takes to check a text message, a car traveling 55 miles per hour can cover the length of a football field. In that span of time, a distracted driver can end up in a car accident, hit a pedestrian, or strike a bicyclist. If another driver wasn’t paying attention to the road, he or she may be responsible for paying your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Visit the Law Offices of Oscar Syger, car accident lawyers in Boca Raton today to learn more if distracted driving resulted in your crash.
- Drunk Driving. Drinking kills. The choices you make before you get behind the wheel can impact the lives of others. If the other driver in your crash was drinking before your wreck, reach out to the Law Offices of Oscar Syger, a car accident law firm in Boca Raton today.
- Fatigued Driving. Driving while tired can lead to slowed reaction time and to accidents if a person falls asleep behind the wheel. While it can sometimes be difficult to determine whether another driver was fatigued, a proper investigation performed by the Law Offices of Oscar Syger may be able to reveal whether the other driver might have been awake the night before or may have driven all night.
- Breaking the Law. Running stop signs. Improper turns. Running red lights or speeding through yellow lights. Mistakes at intersections. There are so many ways in which drivers can be responsible for car accidents. According to the Stanford Law School, 90 percent of car accidents are the result of human error. Think the other driver in your crash was responsible for your wreck and injuries? The car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Oscar Syger can investigate the circumstances of your wreck to determine the causes of your crash and to help you get the best possible settlement permitted under the law.
Car Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida
There are many factors that go into determining the value of a car accident claim. The degree of negligence is just one factor your car accident lawyer will consider. Other factors include the cost of your medical bills, the seriousness of your injuries, and the amount of time you may have had to miss from work due to your injuries. If you have been hurt in a wreck in Boca Raton, Florida, reach out to the Law Offices of Oscar Syger today to learn more about your rights and options under the law.
How Can I Make a Car Accident Claim in Boca Raton?
In Florida, you may be entitled to make a claim with your own car insurance or with the other driver’s car insurance. If the other driver’s insurance isn’t enough to cover your damages, you may be entitled to seek a recovery from the driver himself or herself. Your own insurance coverage may also be able to pay for your medical bills and losses. Insurance companies sometimes offer lower settlements than victims may deserve. The Law Offices of Oscar Syger is a car accident law firm in Boca Raton who can evaluate your claim, negotiate with insurance adjusters, and fight to help you get the best possible settlement permitted under the law.